Wednesday, 24th January 2018
- 09:00 – 09:55 – Registration, posters, exhibition and refreshments (ground floor)
- 09:55 – 17:00 – Meeting in High Tor 2 (1st floor)
Scope of the Meeting
QD Day 2018 is a one-day workshop on all aspects of research into semiconductor quantum dots, colour centres in wide bandgap materials and quantum emitters in 2D materials. This will be the latest in a series of highly successful workshops previously held in Edinburgh, Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, QinetiQ, Sheffield and University College London.
One of the principal goals of this meeting is to focus on the newest developments in the physics, materials science and device applications of quantum dots and to bring together groups working in this field. Past meetings have stimulated many new contacts and collaborations.
- Richard Warburton (University of Basel) – “Resonant driving of a single quantum dot embedded in a mechanical oscillator”
- Ruth Oulton (University of Bristol) – “Quantum dots for quantum switching and quantum networks”
- Stephan Reitzenstein (TU Berlin) – “Non-classical Light emission of Deterministically Fabricated Quantum Dot – Microlenses”
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 1 December 2017
- Abstract acceptance notification: 8 December 2017
- Early bird registration deadline: 21 December 2017
- Registration deadline: 17 January 2018
- Meeting: 24 January 2018
- Sally Greenhough – email@example.com
Tel.: +44 (0) 114 222 4351
Abstract submission has now closed. The programme is available to download below.
Includes lunch, refreshments, and abstract booklet.
|Before 22 Dec 2017||From 22 Dec 2017|
Final registration deadline: 17th January 2018
How to Register and Pay
Register and pay online by credit/debit card via The University of Sheffield’s Online Store.
You will receive an email confirmation of your payment (once the credit/debit card payment has been successfully processed).
The Edge is located about 2 miles out of the city centre and these are a couple of hotel options within a few minutes’ walk of the meeting venue.
Halifax Hall Hotel – an elegant Victorian manor house.
Jonas – New and quirky accommodation!
The QD Day programme can be downloaded here (pdf).
Poster presentation format: A0, portrait orientation (Width=841 mm Height=1189 mm).
If your company is interested in our Table Top Exhibition Package (£250 + VAT), please contact Sally Greenhough -firstname.lastname@example.org – for further details.