The goals of the meeting are to bring together researchers working in related aspects of solid state quantum photonics to present their most recent results and to exchange views across current boundaries. Coverage will include:
- Quantum dots, both epitaxial and colloidal,
- Optical phenomena in 2D materials,
- Colour centres in wide gap materials such as diamond and SiC.
This meeting will partially follow in the series of UK Quantum Dot Days but will have the wider scope indicated above. The day will be composed of invited and contributed talks and poster presentations. Abstracts submission is invited for what promises to be a highly interesting and stimulating day. Key dates and other relevant information are given below.
- Ruth Oulton – Bristol, UK
- David Gershoni – Technion, Israel
- Marek Potemski – CNRS, France
- Abstract submission deadline: 22 February 2016
- Abstract acceptance notification: 29 February 2016
- Registration deadline: 11 March 2016
- Meeting: 10:00 – 17:00, 22 March 2016
Researchers are invited to submit their abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line in the email ‘Quantum Photonics Abstract’. Abstracts should be prepared using the following MS Word template.
£50 (including lunch, refreshments and abstract booklet).
How to Register and Pay
Registration deadline is 11 March 2016.
Please complete the online registration and payment form (not active anymore). The University of Sheffield’s online store works in the same way as any other online store. You will receive confirmation of your payment (once the credit/debit card payment has successfully been processed).
Halifax Hall Hotel – an elegant Victorian manor house within a few minutes’ walk from the meeting venue.
Poster presentation format: A0, portrait orientation (Width=841 mm Height=1189 mm).